Richmond R-XVI School District
Substitute Application Process*
- Complete the application process using the following steps:
- If you currently hold a valid teaching certificate including an initial professional, a career continuous professional (CCP), a lifetime, temporary, provisional, student services or administrative certificate, you do not need to apply for a substitute certificate. However, if your professional certificate has expired, then you are required to obtain a substitute certificate.
- Apply for substitute teaching certificate through DESE using their on-line application process. See instructions noted below:
- Get onto the DESE website: http://dese.mo.gov
- From the DESE homepage, click on “Certification” tab in the center of the home page.
- Next you will click on the “Substitute” tab. This screen will provide information on obtaining or renewing your substitute certificate. The cost of a substitute certificate is $50.00.
- If you are a certified educator who is new to the district or you have had a break in service with the district then a current background check clearance (less than one year old) is required.
* Completion of the application is the first step in the application process and does not guarantee employment.